We’ve gone live with a new build of Mustache Mercenaries on Facebook. Here’s what we’ve got:
Now you’ll be able to see a random selection of friends that are also playing Mustache Mercenaries on Facebook. Not incredibly exciting in and of itself, we grant you that. But! We’ll be enhancing this as we go, and it leads directly to…
You can now duel your friends. Each duel costs you one point of Energy, and you can duel your friends once every six hours.
This is a first pass on dueling so we can get your feedback. We are planning on a bunch of additions to it in the future, including the addition of NPC allies on one or both sides of the fight based on differences in the power level of the robots.
Lots of bug fixes and tweaks!
We’ve also done a ton of work to make tweaks and fixes. Such as:
- Fixed a handful of bugs that blocked progression in the game.
- The Plank Shield no longer allows the player or NPC to target anyone. Now autotargets the wielder.
- Fixed a bug where all your robot’s slots would disappear while in the Robot Workshop. Oopsie.
- Added an Exit button to the FIGHT! screen.
- A bunch more tooltips. Buttons that don’t do anything yet now tell you that. Display elements often tell you more than they used to about what they’re displaying.
- Story text is now larger on the FIGHT! screen.
- Fixed a number of the fight locations on the maps – more will be forthcoming when we get more map assets in there.
- Added two more mechs to the catalog for purchase. You may also see these fellows in as enemies in some sections.
- Engines that used to often overload on the first turn have now been tweaked to not do so.
- Fixed the “null” cost on the Moderate Steam Engine.
- Added a tooltip to the Energy bar to explain why the time goes up so far if you’ve played a lot – once you pass 50 actions taken in a day, we slow down your rate of regeneration a great deal until the next day.
As always, please let us know if you find bugs or have comments and suggestions – we’re all ears, folks.